CatNurse on Call ❈ CatNurse Cottage
(phone hours Monday-Friday 10 am-6pm PST)
Specializing in the care of diabetic, elderly & terminally ill companion animals
CatNurse on Call was started in the Eugene area by Randi in October 2005 to provide in-home services to cats and dogs who do not travel easily as well as to their owners who may be unable to get them into the veterinary hospital. Randi works closely with your veterinarian to provide loving care and offers a wide range of services. Randi also offers support to both pets and their people in a hospice situation.
Along with health care services, Randi does grooming, works with behavior problems and offers creative solutions to a variety of pet related issues for cats and dogs of all ages.
Medical treatments are only available under the direction of your veterinarian. Please call for more details.
* Subcutaneous fluid administration and instruction
* Bandage changes
* Blood glucose checks by glucometer, including blood glucose curves
* Diabetic counseling
* Assisted feeding
* Medicating (oral, injection and topical)
* Pain assessment
* Pain patch placement and removal
* Temp/Pulse/Respiration checks
* Post-surgical care
* Home care following injury, trauma or illness
* Grooming: Simple grooming (w/ clippers) * Comb/brush outs * Nail trimming
* Transportation for smaller pets
* Delivery of food, medication and supplies
* Advice and assistance with stray and feral cats and kittens
What is hospice care? Hospice care was started in human medicine in the 1960s. It is a philosophy that promotes compassionate comfort care to patients at the end of their lives. It allows patients to stay at home in familiar settings with family and pets instead of being hospitalized.
During a hospice care visit we discuss many things that may be helpful to you and your pet. We go over tips to help with feeding, keeping your pet clean and comfortable, as well as how to best monitor your pet's condition. During the time I am helping you, I am in constant communication with your veterinarian concerning your pets condition.
* Assisted feeding
* Hygienic grooming
* Pain assessment
* Respite care
* Consultations on comfort care
Please note: I do not perform euthanasia - this must be done by a licensed veterinarian
Boarding at CatNurse Cottage
CatNurse Cottage was started in 2006 to provide safe and pleasant boarding for cats and kittens of all ages, with or without medical concerns. CatNurse Cottage is an adorable boarding facility built on Randi's property. CNC is comprised of 4 kitty condos including 2 garden view condos with an attached "catio". Each of the 4 condos are at least 5 feet wide by 3 feet deep by 6 feet tall and include a window with either a street or garden view. Each garden view condo includes a secure cat door to a fully enclosed (and escape proof) outdoor enclosure for use in good weather. Outdoor enclosures feature kitty sized cots for napping and kitty sized chairs for birdwatching! Access to outdoor areas is closed at night and whenever necessary. Garden view condos are available at no extra charge, on a first come, first served basis. (This is another reason to plan your kitty's stay well in advance!) Your kitty's safety is a primary concern at CatNurse Cottage and our facility was built with this in mind.
Condos are multilevel with lots of cozy bedding. Kitties may come and go into their own private outdoor enclosure, explore the cattery common area (one at a time!) or simply rest on a sunny windowsill, while enjoying feline friendly jazz, classical music and soundscapes.
Filtered drinking water is served to all kitties as well as a large assortment of healthy foods to tempt even the most finicky feline!
CatNurse Cottage is completely climate controlled for comfort in all seasons. The cattery has its own ventilation system to insure a healthy and clean smelling environment.
Designed with a cat's emotional and physical comfort in mind, and incorporating plants, fresh air and natural light, CatNurse Cottage is a special place for your special cat!
Please call to schedule a tour or for more information concerning your cat's special needs.
Boarding - Available Services
* Day care and overnight boarding
* Post-operative care
* Medication administration (including insulin injections)
* Blood glucose checks for diabetics
* Subcutaneous fluid administration
* Special diets and/or assisted feeding
* Urine and/or stool sample collection and transport to your vet
* Bathing, minor grooming, nail trims
* Hospice care
* Emergency veterinary care available 24/7 within 10 minutes’ drive (EVH)
* Unlimited TLC
Boarding Special Needs Cats or Kittens
Every effort is made to ensure that special needs cats and kittens are as comfortable as possible while boarding. By request, available at no extra charge are:
* Orthopedic steps to the window lounging area for cats with impaired mobility
* Extra low litter boxes
* Raised food and water bowls to make eating and drinking easier
* Water fountain with running water
* Heated beds and sleeping pads
* Washable, absorbent mats for incontinent cats
* Communication with your veterinarian concerning your cat's well being
Boarding Diabetic Cats
Diabetic cats are welcomed at CatNurse Cottage. While in my care, your cat's food and water consumption will be closely monitored as well as your cat's behavior. In fact, diabetic cats are my speciality! While at the cottage you can purchase a copy of my veterinarian recommended book "Sugarbabies" a total guide to the care of your diabetic pet.
For your cat's safety and to avoid hypogycemia (low blood sugar), insulin injections are only given to cats that are eating well. I will work with you and your veterinarian to make sure your cat receives the injections it needs based on this.
With your permission, I will check your cat's blood glucose while boarding and confer with your veterinarian if needed.
Owners are required to bring insulin, syringes and a supply of kitty's regular food.
Cattery Boarding Requirements
* Vaccinations are required as recommended by your veterinarian (Please ask for details)
* Male cats over 6 months old must be neutered
* All cats will be checked for fleas on arrival
* Cats must arrive/depart in a sturdy carrier
Owners are encouraged to supply special diets (including raw food). Unless specified, cats and kittens will be fed Evolve all natural dry and/or canned food. The pantry at CatNurse Cottage is always stocked with plenty of healthy, yummy food.
CatNurse Cottage is conveniently located in the River Road area near the Beltline interchange and easy access to S. Eugene. Pick-up and delivery service is available for an additional fee. Please call for address and directions.
Drop-Off/Pick-up and Visiting Hours - By appointment only
Please note: There are no Saturday (all day) or Sunday morning drop offs/pick-ups
Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 9:30 am & 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Sunday 4:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Please be respectful about keeping to your drop off and pick up appointment times. Keeping to the scheduled time is important to me as it ensures a smooth flow of cats coming and going, getting to my in-home appointments on time as well as maintaining my personal and family time. If you are going to be late, please don't assume it is ok - call as soon as you can. Thank you for your consideration.
* Boarding $20 day care only / $25 day and overnight
* Diabetic/Medical Boarding (includes injections/medicating) $20 and up day care only / $30
and up day and overnight
* Hospice boarding (Special care, medicating, etc.) $30 and up day care only / $32 and up day
and overnight (Fees may apply for additional
* 2nd cat in condo $12 day or overnight
A full days fee will be charged on the day of arrival regardless of morning or afternoon drop off. If pick-up is before 9:30 am weekdays, there will be no charge for that day.
There is never an extra charge for playtime, scritches, snuggles, simple grooming, story reading or arts and crafts!
CatNurse Cottage Cancellation policy
CatNurse Cottage Cancelation Policy
CatNurse Cottage has limited space and is frequently at 100% occupancy. This forces me to turn potential boarders away. When clients cancel reservations or change reservations without adequate notice (at least one week), it is frequently too late for me to fill the space that I reserved for them because the boarders that I turned away have already made other arrangements. Keeping the cattery full is important to me to stay in business.
Due to these untimely cancellations and schedule changes, I have implemented the following cancellation policies:
* Cancellations received up to 10 days prior to scheduled boarding: no charge
* Cancellations received 7-10 days prior to scheduled boarding: 50% of boarding fee, not to exceed $100
* Cancellations received less than 7 days prior to scheduled boarding: 100% of boarding fee, not to exceed $150
* Cancellation fees for two cats scheduled in one condo will be calculated at the daily rate for one cat
* Cancellation fees will be waived if the space is rented by another client during your scheduled reservation
* Changes to scheduled reservations are subject to the same fee structure listed above, but may be reduced depending upon circumstance
You will still be charged for the time reserved for your cat/s if you change your reservation without 10 days’ notice or come home early. If I can accommodate your request to pick your cat up early in the day on a Sunday, there will still be a full charge for that day.
Please advise me if there is a possibility of you cancelling your reservation. With notice, I may be able to fill the space and you will not be charged.
I hope that encouraging early notification of changes will increase scheduling flexibility, and better serve your needs. I appreciate your understanding and look forward to continuing to care for your treasured pets.